Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspired...

One of the last projects I did for one of my classes has really stayed with me. and even though I am not doing exactly what I did in that and I am not using a digital medium, it is still an ode to that. I have been using pen and marker, monochromatic, on heavy watercolor paper and I definitely think the results are kind of cool. I am working on a pretty big piece, for me that is, at the moment. It started as post it notes then a fully composed sketch in my notebook and through that process has really morphed into a whole other entity. But it isn't easy. My left hand is numb every morning. haha. I am reallly digging it though. So here is a little of what led to the current larger work, and a peek at the larger piece that is currently taking over my life.


First Drawing (Sketch Book)





Second Drawing (Sketch Book)



Large Drawing (Heavy Watercolor paper Pen & Marker)

No comments: