Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love thanksgiving. Strike that. I love the day after Thanksgiving. I love the crazy late night early morning shopping. I love the miserable waiting in line but exciting planning. I enjoy assembling our crackpot strike team for shopping. We have fun, laugh, and ultimately eat a big breakfast. And after everyone gets some sleep, we meet up again and eat my moms turkey tacos. This is my tradition.

This may seem like an odd way to spend the holiday but what I have learned is that life changes very quickly and often without notice. So stop look around and see all you have to be thankful for today, tomorrow do what makes you happy. I know I will be freezing my butt off, standing in long lines, and exhausted. But hot damn I will laugh and life will be good.

Happy Thankgiving!

2 comments:

JAM said...

Nice! I guess it would not be the same if I at least said I will try and make it. Though I have failed to raise and join the team for the last who knows how many years, and the one year I did go I was not much a shopper. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Nesh!

Unknown said...

Thanks! too bad its fun! If you change your mind you have a good idea where to find us!